Toggle the -> button in the upper-left corner of the map.
COVID Response Policy
Before you attend the festival, be sure to review the Brattle’s COVID response policy and make sure your guests/friends/family are also informed. Here are some of the highlights, but please do read through the page:
- No cash sales at box office or at the BUFF merch table.
- No physical tickets or badges — all digital/contactless.
- Proof of vaccination or proof of negative COVID-19 test result (PCR only, within 72 hours) required.
- We’re at 50% capacity and there will be socially distanced seating.
- Masks required.
In an attempt to keep our events COVID-safe, we’ve opted for as many venues with available outdoor space as possible. However, venues in Cambridge no longer require masks; if you are more comfortable in a mask, please wear one. See notes below.
- Wednesday: 10:00pm – 12:00am. Join us for noms next door at Alden & Harlow. *no outdoor space*
- Thursday: 10:00pm – 1:00am. We’re heading over to Union Square in Somerville to join our friends at the Weird Local Film Fest for a night of karaoke at The Jungle. *no outdoor space*
- Friday: 10:00pm – 1:00am. Night one of our Harvard Square dive bar takeover begins at Whitneys. *weather permitting, there will be an outdoor bar space out in front*
- Saturday Filmmaker’s Reception: 3:00pm – 6:00pm. Schmooze with your fellow industry colleagues at the best dive in town, Shays. *there is an outdoor bar space out in front*
- Saturday: 10:00pm – 1:00am. An encore schmooze sesh at Whitneys. *weather permitting, there will be an outdoor bar space out in front*
- Sunday: 10:00pm – 12:00am. Join us and DJ Brother Cleve for some post-festival drinks and tunes at Charlie’s Kitchen. Awards are announced right before midnight! *find us in the outdoor beer garden*
We’re 99% no-touch, all-digital this year (thanks COVID). All badges and tickets have been issued electronically and there won’t be any physical badges in use this year. Come prepared with your phone/email — and note that there will be a guest-list check-in for those not using phones.
Advanced Booking: If you haven’t already, we strongly urge you to finish booking your ticket & seat selections. This will alleviate congestion at the theater entrance and will book you a physical seat. Sell-outs are possible and if you don’t book your seat in advance, there is no guaranteed seat waiting for you. Confused about your filmmaker badge or how to use it? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arriving at the Theater: Bring your documentation (digital or paper) for a vaccine status check at the Brattle Theatre. Once approved, you can head up into the theater where you can either present a QR code from your email (generated by booking through the Brattle’s system) or simply your name to the guest list checker at the door. If you booked in advance, you have selected your seats already and can proceed to your spot.
Arriving at the Theater: Bring your documentation (digital or paper) for a vaccine status check at the Brattle Theatre. Once approved, you can head into the theater lobby where you can pick up your designated physical tickets from the service counter. The tickets will be under your name and will have an assigned seat listed.
Code of Conduct
This code of conduct applies to everyone attending BUFF. This includes, but not limited to, staff, press, filmmakers, vendors, volunteers, party guests and ticket holders at all venues directly or tangentially connected to the event.
Our festival is committed to creating an environment where creative and challenging voices are heard and celebrated. We reserve the right to revoke, without notice or refund, your festival credential or tickets for anyone found in violation of the below.
Out of respect for all guests and staff, you agree to refrain from:
- Fighting, assault, taunting or threatening in any way
- Harassment, discrimination, racism, sexism, ageism or being inconsiderate or vulgar in any way
- Being under the influence of illegal drugs
- Carrying or displaying a weapon of any kind, real or toy
- Indecent exposure
- Using foul/abusive language and/or making obscene gestures
- Use of a recording device, video or audio
- Disrupting a film or event
By entering any BUFF venues event you agree to:
- Be kind and courteous to all guests and staff.
- Listen to each other. If you’re asked to stop a harassing or intimidating behavior, stop immediately.
- Consume alcoholic beverages only in a responsible manner.
- Comply with requests from team members.
Our entire code of conduct comes back to one thing: being kind to one another. We encourage everyone who attends the festival to engage in our very fun, social atmosphere – but always in a polite manner while keeping others’ boundaries in mind.
Violation of this code of conduct will result in immediate removal without refund.
If you’re feeling unsafe or have witnessed any violation of this Code of Conduct, please send a formal notice to the festival at email@example.com.